EU Settlement Scheme

We will make sure your application is prepared to the highest standard to get you the desired result.

Excellent service. Kishan Soburrun dealt with my immigration case very professionally. Will definitely recommend. Thank you Appleman Legal.

Patrick via Yell Reviews

EU Settlement Scheme Lawyers London & Southeast

EU, EEA or Swiss citizens can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021 but you usually have to have started living in the UK by 31 December 2020. You do not need to apply if you have indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK or have Irish citizenship.

How can I apply?

Under the EU Settlement Scheme, EU and EEA nationals will hold lawful immigration status in the UK after Brexit under either “settled” or “pre-settled” status. Below are the ways in which you can apply:

    You can apply for “settled status” once you have lived in the UK for five years. From 1 January 2021, those with settled status must apply for citizenship on that basis and cannot apply using the permanent residence basis.
    If you had permanent residence before getting settled status then from 1 January 2021 you can count that time towards the 12 months qualifying period. 
    If you have lived in the UK for less than five years continuously then you will get pre-settled status, which lasts for five years. Once you have lived in the UK for five years then you can apply for settled status.

Can my family join me?

Both settled and pre-settled status allows both yourself and your family to live and work freely in the UK. Family members include: 

    A spouse or civil partner
    A child or grandchild under the age of 21 that is financially dependent on you
    A parent or grandparent of you or your partner that is again financially dependent on you. 

If the family members are not EU, EEA or Swiss citizens, they will need a relevant UK document such as a residence card or apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit to come to the UK and apply to the EU Settlement Scheme once they arrive. 


Contact our EU Settlement Scheme Lawyers London & Southeast

Are you an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and applying to the EU Settlement Scheme? Contact our Immigration Appeal Lawyers London & Southeast to find out how we can help.