The smallest detail can determine whether your application is approved, which is why instructing the help of a qualified immigration solicitor is essential.

Thank you for all your help in my immigration matter.

SKN-Makeup via Yell Reviews

Immigration Visa Lawyers London & Southeast

At Appleman Legal, we can assist with a range of visa applications, providing tailored advice for your particular needs. With the support of our immigration team, we can anticipate any potential problems and ensure your application meets all of the necessary requirements. If you are looking for help with a student visa, visitor visa or family visa, speak with one of our immigration solicitors today for immediate legal guidance.

Student Visas

Visitor Visas

Family Visas

Student Visas

The student visa replaced the Tier 4 (General) student visa and allows the holder the temporary right to live and study in the UK. 


How do you qualify for a student visa?

In order to apply for a student visa, the following requirements must be met:

    At least 16 years old (students under 18 will need evidence of parental consent).
    You have been offered a place on a course by a licensed student sponsor. 
    You have sufficient money to pay for your course and to support yourself without needing to claim benefits. If you have already been in the UK for 12 months on another visa, you do not need to prove you have this money. 
    You can speak, read and understand English.

Conditions of a student visa

A student visa allows those studying for a degree to stay in the UK for up to five years. For those studying below degree level, the time frame is a maximum of two years. You can both study and work as a student union sabbatical officer with this visa. It may be permissible to do some work depending on the course you are studying and whether the work is during term time or holidays. For more details on how to apply, speak with one of our student visa lawyers today.

Visitor Visas

A visitor visa allows someone to come to the UK, usually for up to six months in a 12-month period, and covers those wishing to holiday in the UK, visit friends and family and for medical reasons, such as organ donation. 

There is a high refusal rate for visitor visas and so you must make sure you meet all the requirements:

    Proof that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit.
    That you can support yourself (and any dependents) during the visit.
    That you can pay for your return journey home.
    Proof of any business or other activities that you are intending to do in the UK.

All applications require evidence of a passport and travel documents. You may also need to provide information such as your travel history, details of your employer and any family members in the UK.
For those wanting the visa for study, as an academic, for private medical treatment or as an organ donor, there are separate requirements that will also need to be proved before the visa is granted.

How long can I stay?

If you have been granted with a visitor visa, you can stay in the UK for up to six months with most applications. For private medical treatment, this is extended to 11 months and, if you meet the necessary requirements, 12 months as an academic.
To find out if you can apply for a visitor visa, contact our friendly immigration team now. 


Applying for a visa?

Immigration Visa Lawyers London & Southeast

Speak with a member of our team today to discuss your particular circumstances.

Family Visas (Including Spouse Visas)

British Citizens or migrants that are settled in the UK can apply for visas for family members so that they can live together in the UK.


Spouse/Civil Partnership Visa

The spouse or civil partner of a British national or someone that is settled in the UK with indefinite leave to remain can apply for a spouse or civil partnership visa. To be eligible for the visa, there are various conditions that must be met, including:

    Both parties are over 18 years old.
    They have been married or in a civil partnership for at least two years.
    The couple intends to live together permanently.
    The couple can prove the relationship is genuine and subsisting.
    Evidence both parties can financially support themselves and any dependents.
    The spouse applying for the visa satisfies the English language requirements.

Can we apply if we intend to marry soon?

Unmarried couples that have lived together for at least two years and fiancées/fiancés that intend to marry within six months of entry into the UK can also apply for this type of visa so long as they provide the necessary proof of their cohabitation or upcoming marriage.

How long does the visa last?

The initial visa will be granted for 33 months and can be extended by another 30 months. After five years the applicant can apply for indefinite leave to remain.

Other Family Visas

Other family members can also apply for family visas including:

    Dependent child visas for those under the age of 18 years that are not leading their own independent life, are not married nor in a civil partnership and do not have their own children.
    Adult dependent relative visa who depends on the UK resident for their daily care and support. This adult must be a close family member.
    Parent visa to join a child in the UK. If the child is British or “settled” then the application has to show they have sole responsibility for the child, that they can financially support the child and can speak English. Where this does not apply, the child must also have been living in the UK for seven years and it must be shown it is not in the child’s best interest to leave the UK with the parent.

Contact our Immigration Visa Lawyers London

If you would like to discuss student, visitor or family visas, get in touch with our immigration visa lawyers today.